Designed for the Matrice 300 RTK Series, the Zenmuse H20T is an industrial-grade remote sensing powerhouse. This camera/gimbal comes with a wide-angle view, zoom capability, laser range distance finder, and a thermal camera. The H20T has an IP44 rating (protection against the intrusion of splashing water in all directions), take mission efficiency to the next level and can be utilized across a range of commercial drone applications. The M300 RTK is equipped with DJI’s new OcuSync Enterprise transmission system, which enables up to 9 miles of range.
How much does the Matrice 300 RTK and Zenmuse H20T cost?
Camera Specifications and Examples
- Equivalent Focal Length: 24mm
- DFOV: 82.9°
- 12 MP 1/2.3” CMOS Sensor
Powerful Zoom Camera:
- 23× Hybrid Optical Zoom
- 200× Max Zoom
- 20 MP 1/1.7” CMOS Sensor
- Video Resolution: 4K/30fps
- Range: 3 m – 1200 m
- Accuracy: ± (0.2 m + D×0.15%)
Radiometric Thermal Camera:
- DFOV: 40.6°
- Resolution: 640×512
- Frame Rate: 30fps
- Thermal Sensitivity: ≤ [email protected] (NEDT)
High-Res Grid Photo
In DJI Pilot, by dragging to select an area in wide camera view, an image will be taken using the wide-angle camera while the gimbal rotates to automatically capture a series of photos at 20 MP of the selected area using the zoom camera at the current zoom level. All of the images captured will be stored in the same sub-folder on the SD card, generating an HTML file that can be opened in a web browser to view the overview image and the detailed close-up images.
PinPoint: M300 RTK operators can also utilize the PinPoint, SmartTrack and Location Sharing functions to maximize efficiency.
A quick tap marks an object in view, and advanced sensor fusion algorithms immediately deliver its coordinates.
SmartTrack: Identify and follow moving subjects with the auto-zoom function, while acquiring the subject’s dynamic location.
DJI M300 RTK: Applications
The DJI M300 RTK and its associated payloads can be deployed for a range of commercial, industrial and enterprise missions, such as critical infrastructure, law enforcement, public safety, oil and gas, and powerline inspections.
- Law Enforcement: Quickly assess a situation and plan accordingly while improving officer and bystander safety. Deploy the drone and thermal camera to get eyes on the scene from a safe distance.
- Firefighting: Fight fires and save lives without endangering personnel. Use the thermal sensor to see through smoke and identify hotspots. The durability of the aircraft makes it perfect for public safety.
- Search and Rescue: Act quickly to locate missing people and better plan rescue missions. Use the pinpoint feature to gain the location of missing people to relay the location to ground crews.
- Powerline Inspection: Easily visualize extensive powerline networks in remote areas. Use the high res grid feature to take multiple high-quality pictures of an area to inspect.
- Oil and Gas: Conduct inspections of pipelines, well sites and more – while keeping workers away from risky areas. Use the thermal camera to take temperature measurements of critical components.
What is the accuracy of temperature measurements of the Zenmuse H20T?
The accuracy is ±2 °C or ±2%, whichever is greater. (Measured at 25 °C in a windless laboratory, 5 m away from the black body) Note: black bodies have different emissivity levels, the measurement above is is based on the particular black body measured and for reference only.
What factors affect the accuracy of temperature measurement of the Zenmuse H20T?
The reflectivity of objects: shiny metals have higher reflectivity will result in lower accuracy and lower temperature readings.
- The temperature of background radiation: a clear, sunny day will have less of an effect on accuracy than a cloudy day.
- Air temperature and humidity: the higher the temperature and humidity, the more likely the readings will be affected, and the lower the accuracy.
- Distance between the camera and the object: the farther away the object is from the camera, the lower the accuracy.
Does the thermal camera in the Zenmuse H20T support digital zoom? Yes. It supports 2x, 4x, and 8x digital zoom.
What is Flat-Field Calibration or FFC in the Zenmuse H20T? Flat-Field Calibration is used to optimize thermal image quality so temperature changes can be observed more easily. You can choose to manually enable FFC by turning off the automatic FFC adjustment in settings.
With which drone platforms are they compatible? They are compatible with the Matrice 300 RTK. Please update both the aircraft and the remote controller with the latest firmware.
How do I upgrade the firmware of the Zenmuse H20 Series? Before upgrading, please ensure the aircraft is powered off, the payload is securely mounted onto the aircraft, the microSD card has enough storage space, and the intelligent flight battery has enough power.
- Visit the official DJI website and enter the Downloads section of the Zenmuse H20 Series product page.
- Download the latest firmware package.
- Store the downloaded firmware package to the root folder of the microSD card.
- Insert the microSD card into the microSD card slot on the payload.
- Power on the aircraft, and the gimbal will start to perform a self-check, then automatically upgrade the firmware.
- Please restart all devices after the upgrade completes.
- Gimbal upgrade status description:
- 4 short beeps …new firmware detected, ready to upgrade.
- 2 long beeps …upgrading firmware, do not stop the update.
- 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps… The firmware update was successful.
- Continuous long beep… The firmware update failed, please try to update again. Contact DJI support for help if needed.
Notes: Please only store one version of firmware in the microSD card. Multiple versions of firmware stored in the microSD card will cause upgrade failure. Do not power off the aircraft or remove the payload from the aircraft during the upgrade, or it may damage the gimbal.
For what scenarios can I use the Zenmuse H20 Series? The Zenmuse H20 Series delivers useful insights in a variety of scenarios, for example, public safety applications including firefighting, fire prevention, search and rescue, and traffic law enforcement; energy industry application including asset and equipment inspection, geothermal energy exploration, and oil and gas inspection.
What is the difference between the H20 and the H20T?
The H20 is a triple-sensor solution featuring a 20MP zoom camera, a 12MP wide camera and a laser rangefinder with a range of up to 1,200m. The H20T is a quad-sensor solution, packed with the same capabilities as the H20, but bolstered by a radiometric thermal camera, with a 640×512 resolution.
How long can the Matrice 300 RTK fly with the H20T?
Integrating the H20T with the M300 RTK ensures maximum efficiency and superior performance with just one payload. To put this into perspective, the M300 RTK with an H20T can fly for 36 minutes. In comparison, the M210 RTK V2, integrated with the Z30 zoom camera and XT2 thermal camera, can only fly for 22 minutes.