Drones now have become so ubiquitous that it's hard to find any industry or sector that doesn’t use them commercially. When it comes to commercial drones, one of the most affordable options you can consider for industrial and public safety missions is the DJI's Mavic 3 Enterprise series drones. This includes the DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise, Mavic 3 Thermal, and Mavic 3 Multispectral variants.
DJI is setting new standards in the small commercial drones and is taking mission efficiency to a whole new level.
In this article, we’ll discuss some of the greatest features of these drones and why you should consider the DJI Mavic drones when shopping for a commercial drone.
1. DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise
The DJI Mavic 3E is a small lightweight commercial drone with centimeter-level precision for land surveying. It takes mapping and mission efficiency to the next level with a small form factor for easy transport. The DJI Mavic 3E is one of the most complete drones for surveying, mapping, and inspection missions. Its 56x hybrid zoom makes its payload one of the most versatile options available in the market right now.
Some of its key features include:
- 45-minute maximum flight time
- 4/3 CMOS 20-MP wide camera with mechanical shutter
- 56x hybrid zoom
- Compact and portable
- DJI O3 Enterprise image transmission
- Omnidirectional obstacle avoidance
The benefits of the DJI Mavic 3E are:
- Portability and Operational Efficiency: The DJI Mavic 3E weighs just slightly over 900g, making it one of the most compact commercial drones in the market. Its light weight makes it easy to hold in one hand and deploy quickly. Besides its portability, the DJI Mavic 3E also has batteries that are optimized for endurance and can capture photogrammetry data over two square kilometers in a single battery.
- Flight Safety: DJI has always developed cutting-edge drone safety, and the Mavic 3E isn’t any different. It has safety features that allow for omnidirectional obstacle avoidance. It also has DJI AirSense which collects ADS-B signals from surrounding conventional aircraft to alert drone pilots of nearby air activity. Advanced return-to-home (RTH) automatically plans the optimal route home, saving power, time, and hassle.
- Transmission Reliability: A drone is only as good as its transmission capabilities. The DJI O3 Enterprise Transmission allows for stable and better navigation even in complex environments. The range and reliability of O3 is unmatched by any small drone manufacturer.
2. Mavic 3 Thermal
The Mavic 3T, the thermal version of the Mavic 3E, is more suited to critical infrastructurer inspection, firefighting, and search and rescue operations, especially in night time operations. Some of its key features include a 640 × 512 resolution camera, point and area temperature measurement, isotherms, simultaneous split-screen zoom, and a variety of color palettes.
The benefits of the DJI Mavic 3 Thermal include:
- Reliable Night Performance: The DJI Mavic 3T gives a reliable performance even at night. Its thermal camera is designed to meet the unique needs of complex aerial operations such as firefighting and locating hotspots in infrastructure for making real-time decisions. The cameras also offer a simultaneous split-screen zoom for simple side-by-side comparisons with RGB imagery.
- Data Security: The Mavic 3T also protects your sensitive data. It comes with state-of-the-art security features guaranteed to protect the integrity of your data including light logs, photos, and videos. It has a Local Data Mode that stops the flight control app from receiving or sending data over the internet when activated. Additionally, it has AES-256 Encryption that protects information exchange between the drone and its remote controller.
- Accessory Ecosystem: DJI Mavic 3T’s accessory ecosystem ensures that you get the most out of each flight. It’s compatible with a range of enterprise-level accessories that increase the effectiveness of each mission. It has a RTK module that improves its georeferencing accuracy, D-RTK 2 Mobile Station that supports all major global satellite navigation systems (GNSS) for real-time differential corrections as well as a loud speaker for broadcasting messages from above. The loud speaker supports text-to-speech, audio storage, and looping.
3. Mavic 3 Multispectral
This is DJI’s new multispectral drone purposed for land management, environmental monitoring, and agriculture. The Mavic 3 Multispectral (Mavic 3M) builds on the DJI Phantom 4 Multispectral and offers stellar upgrades such as better endurance and enhanced imaging for more efficient operations and better quality insights. It has four multispectral cameras (green, red, red edge, and near-infrared) that can capture and scan up to five million pixels.
The features of the Mavic 3M include:
- Four 5MP multispectral cameras
- 20MP 4/3 CMOS RGB camera
- 43-minute max flight time
- 200-hectare coverage in one flight
- Sunlight sensor
- RTK module for centimeter-level positioning
- Fast charging
- O3 transmission up to 15km
Farmers around the world can rely on the Mavic 3M to plan, manage crop health, and identify issues before they impact bottom lines. Some of the benefits of this drone are:
- A Revolutionary Tool for Farmers and Agronomists: The Mavic 3M can help to gather precise data that enables farmers and agronomists to quickly identify problems and improve results, whether it’s crop treatment or ground-like aerial surveys on mountain forests. It’s lightweight and easily portable, has inbuilt-terrain-follow to make aerial surveying even in challenging environments easy, and up to 43 minutes flight time that can complete a 2-square kilometer survey in a single flight.
- Third-Party Cloud Platform: You can also connect the DJI Mavic 3M into multiple ecosystems. This offers limitless possibilities for smart agriculture and other diverse fields. For example, you can link the Mavic 3M to a third-party cloud platform directly through its cloud API for data gathering, photo data, live videos, and other crucial information.
- Safety Features: We’ve already mentioned DJI’s reputation for drone safety. The Mavic 3M takes safety a step further, harnessing DJI’s latest safety and transmission technology to reduce the risk of accidents. The Mavic 3M enhanced safety features include state-of-the-art obstacle sensing and navigation powered by DJI's Advanced Pilot Assistance System (APAS 5.0) that detects obstacles from all directions. It also has an Avoid Mode that reroutes the flight path accordingly when an obstacle is detected. Additionally, the Return to Home (RTH) features optimizes the drone’s flight path, preserving the battery, and getting the drone back safely.
Just like all of DJI drones, the Mavic 3M comes with an inbuilt AirSense system that provides early warnings of other nearby aircrafts.
- Orchard Mapping: Even on sloped landscapes, you can do terrain-follow aerial surveying of orchards using the Mavic 3M. It can do a high-res reconstruction of orchard maps, automatically distinguish trees from other objects and identify the number of trees, and then generate 3D operational routes using the DJI Terra or DJI SmartFarm Platforms. This makes agricultural operations safer and more efficient.
- Intelligent Field Scouting: Lastly, the Mavic 3M can be used for automatic field scouting to find abnormalities such as crop lodging, emergence deficiencies, and weed pressure before they become a big problem. It can also conduct intelligent analyses like rice production testing and cotton seedling identification using AI identification. The information can then be shared in real time through 4G networks for quick and effective decision-making.
Should You Invest in the Mavic 3 Enterprise Series Drones?
DJI strives to continually push the boundaries by putting out innovative drones at affordable prices. DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise drones live (and perhaps exceed) expectations. They ensure you have access to an all-in-one drone platform without breaking the bank. You will never regret owning a DJI Mavic 3 series drone.
If you’re still unsure about whether or not to buy a DJI Mavic 3 Enterprise drone, we’re here to help. We can help you to find the right commercial drone suited to your specific needs.