DJI and Enterprise UAS (DSLRPros) hosted another 2-day public safety event for Northern California public safety professionals interested in starting or expanding their UAS program. The drone training program included 8 specific training sessions. These small group training sessions gave attendees the chance to ask questions, fly, and learn about the different capabilities with the various drones.
If you are interested in drone/UAS training please contact us!
We would not have been able to put together this event without our sponsors! GPC, FLIR, DJI
Hands-on Training Exercises:
1. Search and Rescue using the DJI Matrice 210 UAV, Zenmuse XT2 Thermal Camera, and Zenmuse Z30 Zoom Camera. In this demo a mannequin was placed along the side of the hill with heat packs strapped to its arms and legs. Next participants practiced flying the DJI Matrice 210 in a grid pattern to find the victim. With the Zenmuse XT2 (infrared camera) attached and the temperature alarm activated when the camera detects a temperature that is above a certain threshold the controller will make an audible sound. Once the temperature alarm is___
Using the temperature alarm on the Zenmuse XT2 camera payload
2. SWAT Tactical Indoor Flying with DJI Mavic Air, DJI Mavic Pro, and DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise
3. Using a UAV Payload Drop for Rescue Operations
4. Practicing on the NIST Standard Test Methods for Aerial Systems (UAVs)
Classes and Panels:
5. UAsidekick Software Overview for Air Space Authorization
6. PIX4D Mapping for Crime Scene and Accident Reconstruction
7. Public Safety UAS Use Cases Panel with FLIR
8. Secure Streaming for UAS operations with AMVision
We would not have been able to put together this event without our sponsors! GPC, FLIR, DJI victim