The DJI Zenmuse XT2 is the next evolution of thermal drone cameras by DJI. With side-by-side visual and thermal imaging sensors, this camera enables operators to capture infrared and visual data simultaneously.
Thermal drones are rapidly changing industries through the first iteration of the DJI Zenmuse XT camera. Now, with two cameras in one, the DJI Zenmuse XT2 is here to increase efficiency, spot thermal irregularities, and find missing people like never before. The new Zenmuse XT2 camera comes with new smart modes giving this thermal camera the power of machine intelligence.
- FLIR MSX Technology: Easily switch between or overlay visual and thermal views to see in real time temperature information and have a visual understanding from above. Real time visualization settings give first responders the ability to better plan their rescue operation.
- Heat Track: Easily identify and lock onto the highest temperature in the thermal frame with this smart feature.
- Temperature Alarm: Easily find a specific temperature for which the remote pilot in command is looking. The alarm alerts the operator if an area in the frame exceeds a certain temperature. This feature is perfect for inspection for search and rescue.
- Temperature Check: Since this is a radiometric camera, each image pixel has temperature data. This gives operators detailed temperature data and allows users to get accurate temperature measurements with a simple tap of a pixel.
- Quick Track: This mode gives the pilot in command the ability to easily find and lock onto an object, while providing operators a better way to focus on their intended target in challenging conditions.
- Water Resistance: The DJI Zenmuse XT2 is IP44 and M200/210 is IP43 rated, lets break down what this means. IP stands for Ingress Protection which is the international standard of classifying degrees of protection against objects and liquids. This standard goes into detail about the level of protection vs generic terms such as waterproof or water resistant. The first number after the IP denotes the levels of protection from solids on a scale from 0 – 6. Zero represents no protection against foreign objects, whereas a level 6 protection means that it has complete protection against dust. The DJI Zenmuse XT2 has a level 4 protection meaning that it is protected against objects greater than 1 mm in diameter.
The second digit denotes the amount of protection against liquids on a scale from 0-8. Zero being no protection and 8 being immersion beyond 1 Meter. With a rating of 4 it means that it is protected against splashing, spraying, and dripping water. However, it is not protected again water jets or full immersion. This IP44 rating on the new DJI Zenmuse XT2 camera is a significant upgrade from the previous XT model as there was no IP rating for it. Now with a protected camera payload on a Matrice 200/210 setup, this drone is ready for the skies even if its raining.