This kit is for Matrice 200 Series drones. Kits for Matrice 100 or 600, Inspire 1 or 2 available on request. Please call 213-262-9436 to request alternate aircraft versions.
Section 107.31 - Visual line of sight aircraft operation
- (a) With vision that is unaided by any device other than corrective lenses, the remote pilot in command, the visual observer (if one is used), and the person manipulating the flight control of the small unmanned aircraft system must be able to see the unmanned aircraft throughout the entire flight in order to:
- (1) Know the unmanned aircraft’s location;
- (2) Determine the unmanned aircraft’s attitude, altitude, and direction of flight;
- (3) Observe the airspace for other air traffic or hazards; and
- (4) Determine that the unmanned aircraft does not endanger the life or property of another.
- (b) Throughout the entire flight of the small unmanned aircraft, the ability described in paragraph (a) of this section must be exercised by either:
- (1) The remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small unmanned aircraft system; or
- (2) A visual observer.
Reference: FAA 14 CFR Parts 21, 43, 61, 91, 101, 107, 119, 133, and 183 (Page 130).
With red and green lights, the drone operator is able to distinguish orientation as well as notifying pilots of manned aircraft, increasing the safety of all parties. The long-range visibility ensures you will accurately know your drone's location and orientation much farther than with the standard aircraft LED lights.